Friday, August 7, 2009

Tutorial: How to Make Votive Candles

Today I will post the items you will need for this project so you can begin collecting what you need. Then the directions for making the candles will follow in a few days! To make your own votive candles, you will need the following items.

  1. Four 2-ounce (15 hour) votive molds
  2. Four votive wick pins (optional)
  3. Double boiler
  4. Candle pouring pot or clean, empty coffee can with a pouring spout bent into the top
  5. Stove
  6. Kitchen scale
  7. Candy thermometer
  8. 1/2 pound paraffin votive/pillar wax
  9. Four 36-24-24 zinc core wick assemblies (pre-tabbed)
  10. 1/2 oz. candle fragrance oil (optional)
  11. Candle dye (optional)
  12. Candle mold release, if using new molds
  13. Small glass container
  14. Craft sticks for stirring wax
  15. Newspapers
  16. Paper towels

3 comments:

  1. Ummm, maybe I could just buy them from you instead? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made candles in the past but this inspires me to have another go at it. How kind of you to share your craft with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. Just followed you. Updated my blog.
    My blog:
    http://tranquility-base-designs.blogspot.com/

    My Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/jammatun

    ReplyDelete